10.23.2012

a sad soul reminiscing the lakes.

having dealt in the past with losing friends/family, it's not a new emotion for me, but it's just putting things into perspective. this evening i learned about the passing of a friend i met while living in okoboji. he was my age. so at thirty years of age, i guess it's time for us to start doing this, putting our 'futures' into perspective. upon learning such sad news, i've just been so scatter brained, so excuse me for the rambling, but i felt the need to put some sort of tribute to my thoughts down. i was thinking wills. i have been running over a million "what-ifs" in my head. i've been thinking about my own sons. i've been thinking about family. i can already feel a very sleepless night ahead of me!

i briefly chatted with a mutual friend tonight & she really enlightened me when she said that she was at peace knowing that his last moments were spent in the very place where so many memories were made & good times were had. and then i got to reminiscing about all of the long-lost faces i spent so much time with throughout those summers. i considered these faces my "family". and it was refreshing to think back on all of the unforgettable moments that i had up there with a very special group of people...& i thank every one of them for that, including andrew. and although, his family/friends will more than likely not even know this blog post exists, i am so so very sorry for the loss of such an unforgettable charming young guy & and i'm sending them peace through this heartache. love to them.

1 comment:

  1. I think your reaction to such news is perfectly normal. And honestly, the second we found out we were expecting, I started begging Dirk to talk to some of his lawyer buddies so that we can get our wills in place. You never know what will happen in this crazy life. I am sorry to hear about your friend, but glad that you are able to think back on such fond memories of him. Everyone enters our lives for a purpose, so maybe their exit should be purposeful as well?

    ReplyDelete