8.09.2009

Nice Day for a Hot Wedding.

It's a bit of a relief to look out the window this morning & see rain & clouds. Yeah I said it. It was nice to have the great weather this weekend though. Mike & I spent the weekend hitting up the Holstein Golf Course. It was a bit of a challenge for me to make it all 9 holes I'm not gonna lie...it's not so much the weird shifting of a baby & whatever else when I swing...it was more so that I had to hit the ball every 25 yards. I haven't been out golfing as often as I would like to, as the story always goes, so needless to say...I was a bit rusty. I think it only took me halfway through Hole 1 to go ahead & announce we would be playing a 'Best Ball'. So, despite my efforts to stay hydrated on the H20, it was a draining activity to say the least. We also celebrated my sister's birthday Friday night at my parents house. Her being 2 years older than I am, it keeps me in check on how fast I, myself, am creeping towards 30 =) It's all good though.

We attended a wedding of some close friends from Holstein Saturday evening...take note this was after a day of golfing also, so it was hard to keep the good times rolling, but I think we managed...for a while. Everything was beautiful, but of course, as luck & irony would have it, there were some electrical problems that took out a portion of Main Street businesses (small towns!) & caused the entire reception to exit out onto the street for a while as all power was shut off from the building. Poor newlyweds! I believe they were in good spirits about it, because, I mean...what are ya gonna do?! It sure will be a memory for them to talk about! Congrats Joe & Renee - you looked gorgeous. I will leave you with the one photo that seemed postable...Michael decided he was going to be unphotogenic =) so, greetings from Leyna & His Beardness.

No comments:

Post a Comment