2.04.2010

Motorboating & Moving Plans.

Oliver continues to "talk" all the time, but the other day, I caught him motorboating, twice. He tends to have a steady stream of drool going, so of course, it was accompanied by bubbles. So funny! His Daddy was pretty proud of his motorboating son when I shared his new skill with him.
In exactly 2 weeks from today, Michael will be flying into Des Moines to begin the trek back with Oliver & I. I am so excited yet a little overwhelmed with everything I still need to organize & pack & a little nervous about how little O is going to handle the trip. Our planned itinerary looks like this:
Thursday Feb 18th...Michael flies to DM & I will pick him up. Drive to Ames. Pick up moving truck. Load our leftover belongings from Ames & drive to Holstein.
Friday Feb 19th...Load everything (& this is the bulk of our stuff) & drive to Sioux Falls.
Saturday Feb 20th...Load everything else still in Sioux Falls. Em & Cory's Wedding Reception Saturday night.
Sunday Feb 21st...Depart for Basalt. Note Oliver & I will be following Mike in the moving truck.
Monday Feb 22nd...Arrive in Basalt.
Unpack...unpack...unpack!!!
Fortunately for us, my parents will be joining us on our trip out to Colorado. This way, Michael & I can take care of the business of packing/unpacking/unloading/putting essentials away & or together all while not neglecting little Oliver. We are so grateful & glad they are coming out with us, it will also give Oliver a little extra bonding time as he transitions from an Iowa to a Colorado resident. I know it's going to be hard on us all to leave, but we're so glad & excited about our new adventure. I don't think everything is going to sink in until I'm actually out there & my parents leave. They plan on roadtripping back to Iowa...fun! =) I'm sure by the time they get back, the next trip out will be planned! Thank goodness for the blog & modern technology, we will be able to send a lot of photos & Skype when they need a talking Oliver fix.
Oliver & I have been able to Skype with Daddy while he's been out in Colorado. Oliver stares at the screen where he sees Mike. And usually Michael is dancing around & singing to him so he stays fully intrigued. He's usually drooling all over the keyboard (Oliver not Mike) but it's well worth the bonding time! Our other latest news with Oliver is that he was weighed the other day again...any wagers...14 lbs 9 oz! The kid is putting on the lbs! He also continues to be a pretty good sleeper at night. We will have a couple of random nights where he feels the need to wake up at 4:30 aM ready to go for the day...& then this is where we have problems because Mama is NOT! He's not hungry, he doesn't have a poopy diaper, he doesn't have to burp, he's just ready to get up, make his morning coffee, flip on GMA & get his day started. Well Oliver...here's the deal, for one..Mom has gotten pretty used to not having to work the graveyard shift...and two...GMA doesn't come on until 7aM or something. So, let's just go back to sleep for a couple hours or four & then we'll talk. Sometimes this works & sometimes it doesn't. Gotta love the guessing game of babies sometimes huh?! Other than that, & it doesn't happen often...he loves the sound of birds, milk, The Blackeyed Peas & long walks on the beach.
Oliver & Mama!



I've had these photos for a couple weeks now, from when the icestorm hit us.
And if you're in the midwest, these images are all too familiar, but I wanted to share with those of you who are missing out on our less than stellar winter this year.
I'm ready for new scenery!






I LOVE jeans on babies! Haha, so cute!!!







1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your trip to CO! Glad to "hear through your writing" that you are so happy and excited! Oliver is SO cute. Bummer I never got to meet him before you took off to CO. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete