1.22.2010

A Great Space.

Thursday evening, I ventured out into the cold icy tundra, for a friend's grand opening of her new photography studio in Holstein. The inside of the building was restored to original features & it has a very Chicago lofty touch to it. A warm ambiance & feel to it. The historic building, for you Holsteinian readers, is located on the corner of Main & 2nd Street, across the street south of the Heritage Bank. I left Mr. Oliver at home with Grandma & Grandpa, so this allowed me some interaction with other young adults. I was able to enjoy a glass of wine with friends & escape conversations that revolved around pooping, tooting & burping. It was nice to sneak in a couple of bittersweet moments outside of parenting, but I was soon happy to be back home, checking out my little man fast asleep.

The photos I uploaded were taken on my phone.

A










Congratulations Christina!

4 comments:

  1. so i'm an idiot for not knowing, but is this the NE corner or the SW corner? like where you used to get your haircut or where the holstein advance was when we were in high school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SW corner where The Advance used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad someone is using that building! The tin ceiling is fabulous and the building stunning. She picked a great space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the post, Leyna!!!!! :) Thanks for coming!

    ReplyDelete