1.08.2010

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...

...how I wonder what you are...no seriously, who are you...& what did you do to our little boy...because I LOVE YOU little twinkly star man! Big news here. Oliver decided this past week that he was going to skip the whole waking up in the middle of the night thing & sleep all the way through! Out of nowhere! And I didn't want to jinx it by bragging about it right away, but he has done it all week! All week! He does fight the daily naps now unless I'm holding him so we'll have to iron out those details, but I'm very excited & proud of my little guy for being such a big boy. I told him that he can sleep like a big boy, but he should put the halt on the other big boy stuff for now so we can enjoy these "little" moments for just a while longer. For eight whole hours a night my body can sleep...except I'm having to adjust to this myself...I find myself waking up thinking I should be doing something. Warming up a bottle or going to the bathroom or...something, right?! So...I guess if by sharing this awesome milestone with you all I do end up jinxing it...then at least I got 1 full week of 8 hour sleepful nights. And I know that it's not a world record of 'the first baby to sleep through the night in the shortest duration of time' by any means...but as a new mom...this is monumental. Thank you little pea.

Other than that...there hasn't been a lot going on. I've been watching a lot of 'Always Sunny' reruns and job searching (story of my life). And I haven't been that motivated to blog. We're just really anticipating getting out to Colorado to join Daddy. He's been working hard at work & at trying to find a place to live. We think he's close to finding something, so it shouldn't be too much longer! Here's the babe & his moose.





















6 comments:

  1. You are one lucky girl!!!!!!! WOW! I think Kellen was 1 1/2 when he started consistently sleeping through the night.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leyna. Seriously. He is the cutest thing. I just love him so much! And Dirk and I recently discovered Always Sunny and are LAUGHING OUR HINEYS OFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. C-U-T-E!!! I recognize that taggie Oliver has in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot how fast they change! He's precious and what a good little man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of the sleep you are getting!!

    ReplyDelete