2.26.2012

leaving behind a good era...

...and this era i speak of...is the era of pregnancy! this is the last day that we will be a household of three. after much stubborn-ness by schweitzbaby two, i will be going in bright & early tomorrow morning to be induced. at my last visit with my doctor on friday, after a much painful week, i clearly am at a point where this baby has to come out. however, my situation was that he's sitting up high still due to a lot of water blocking the cervix. this is not a bad thing, it just meant that unless i experienced some major contractions to move that little guy down...his head was not going to break through the water & launch me into labor. so...this time, very much different than the first run around. oliver said "forget this" & was ready to move a week early & this little guy says "ummmm no i think i'm good right here...forever mama".  and believe me, everyone who gave me suggestion after suggestion, i tried everything to get contractions going...the spicy food, the bumpy car ride, the walking around, the other stuff...and to no avail. it just was not going to happen.

so with the lack of naturally happening contractions, i will be introduced to pitocin early monday morning. and hope that we proceed within a timely manner =) i'm nervous about it, but only b/c it's not happening the way that it happened the first time. i trust that my doctor will get me through every step just as my previous doctor & hope that we can safely get our new little guy here as soon as possible! we cannot wait to meet this guy...this little guy who i can't wait to squish in my arms & to kiss his cute stubborn little forehead. mama & daddy...& brother olly are ready!!! we love you already & hope for safe travels tomorrow. *sigh*

stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment