2.02.2012

a pregnancy nuisance...

...that is what i have deemed myself tonight. it's stories like the one i'm about to share with you, that just reiterate the fact that pregnancy is 50% humorous & 50% miserable. at least, this is how i'm choosing to define this pregnancy. and it's also the reason why i'm blogging...b/c my original plan to clear my racing anxious mind backfired on myself...& when you read on, literally...all over myself.

so, i've packed two 15-lb bowling balls in my abdomen that have found a home on my 'i swear i just peed everything out but i'll go again' bladder. these two bowling balls have also recently sprouted limbs that have lodged themselves up into my ribs. i do remember this happening the first time around. it must be a special place for our little baby arms & legs to go. so...to try & relieve some of the aches & pains, i've been ritualistically taking baths. numerous numerous baths. and usually these baths are relaxing, however, as of late, they are about as difficult as finding a dream job in holstein iowa - oh! did i blog that out loud?! anyway, tonight was no different & i ran a bath...i turned on the overhead heat...i added some relaxing-smelly bubble bath...i grabbed my book & only dreamt i had a supersized bottle, i mean glass, of vino next to me. as i wedged myself into a semi-comfortable/acceptable position, i opened my book & began reading. took a deep breath & could feel some of the tension release.

but about 9 minutes into it...i heard the door crack & little tiny toddler feet tapping across the floor. then the shower curtain exploded open...and there stood my little olly muffin. he told me that daddy was 'sleep'...which explained his explosion into the bathroom. he had found the exact moment to escape & came rushing in to see me. i then just laid there, helpless & unable to pull myself into a seated position for fear i'd drop my book into the water or a baby out of me. oliver threw every toy he could find on top of me...and then mike finally came rushing into to rescue me from hurricane oliver. aahhhhh silence & relaxation & pain relief again. but, like i had mentioned before, i am a pregnancy nuisance & decided to shift myself...only to end up dipping my just started book into the bath water! i laid there frustrated & then soon realized that i was peeing. my bladder had been doing so good...being surrounded by water all this time behaving itself...& then, it lost focus & i did it. i was trying to wrap my mind around what was happening as i peed in my own bath water! okay! bath time was officially over. and i'm just not sure that the baths are all that relaxing anymore =( until i gain some control back, i may be on bath time sabbatical.

1 comment: