4.24.2012

instagram not instacure!

so for months now, i've trolled around looking at friends' instagram photos. not really understanding what instagram was, but i finally checked it out myself...& i immediately deleted retrocamera & flickr from my iPod. instagram is a hit in my book...so much easier to use than retrocamera & i haven't been on flickr in like a year. my pro status expired, not that i'm a pro anyway. so, this is going to be my new sanity saver! as photography has turned out to be my outlet. my positive "thing". my hobby. my interest. what have you. and now that we're still fighting illness in gus, i need something now more than ever! and since i just haven't been able to haul my camera around with me. or find anything beautiful to photograph at the time being...having this along with me may help =)

we are at the 7 day mark of gus having sickness again. each day just seems to bring on more & more. we haven't seen any significant changes in his condition & he's worse in some areas. yesterday afternoon he developed a raspy "voice". although i know he's not talking, it would be like losing his voice if he were an adult like you & i. his cries are so weak & raspy it takes your heart & slams it up against a moving bus, head on. it's saddening. it's wrenching. so, each day we sit & think, is he going to be better if we keep up with our current process. meds, nebs, steroids, antibiotics, hope. how long do we go one more day before admitting him back into the hospital where they can monitor this little guy & take the guessing game away from us?! well, amongst the two & probably counting breakdowns i've had today...i set up yet another appointment with his doctor. after visiting with him tomorrow morning, we will most likely be making a decision about hospitalization. at least, that's what i'm leaning towards. it's been unbelievably stressful to sit each day wondering & not seeing any results. and not knowing what is going on inside that little baby body. we will be in touch with updates. your continued support is appreciated way beyond words i can type. thank you.

my first instagram experience.


1 comment:

  1. i have loved you even in your darkest.... romans 5:8

    o Leyna ... my heart feels heavy for you and that little boomer pants. Know this ... today i am praying for Jesus to lay those beautiful hands on your little boy. I pray that today he heals him of this sickness... and if that is not his plan ... i pray that tomorrow at the dr. they are able to give baby gus some comfort and guide your words and guide all who come in contact with baby gus. i ask this in Jesus' name... Amen! :)
    Despite not knowing why? we are to trust ... *gulp* that is a hard one to swallow sometimes. and yet in Proverbs he says ... TRUST in the Lord with all your heart and LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING in all your ways acknowledge me and i will make your path straight.
    His plan ... well his plan is perfect. even when we do not see how... or why ... He does.
    and today ... he is right there next to you ... loving you through the darkness ... He is where he always promised to be ... never leaving... never changing ... he never lets go ... but we ... well we must make the choice to hold on to him. reach out to HIM.
    i adore you. xo

    cast all your anxieties onto me and i will give you rest ! Peter 5:7.

    ReplyDelete