12.03.2009

Belly Button Turkey & Friends.

Hi there...serious blog slacker here...but I find myself with some extra time (what?!), so here are some photos to catch up the last couple weeks. Don't get too excited though, these may be few & far between. I have to confess too...when I was still pregnant, counting down the days, I became a serious blogspot stalker...meaning I was checking everyone's blog for new posts like every 15 mintues...I would get angry when my 'new parent' friends wouldn't post for days & days. I mean, they were neglecting my need to be entertained by their blogs...and now for this, I must apologize, I get it now! There is no time to blog! =( Which is major bummer because I want to keep you updated, but I have not been able to get it together yet! I have a very hungry baby! And I use all my "free time" to do things like shower & eat & maybe snooze. Except, I believe Oliver has an internal alarm that goes off when I hit the bed or the couch...dang it! But, most of you reading this...already know what this is all about. And for those of you reading this without children, I apologize & will do my best to keep it up. Please don't give up on me =)

And just a forewarning...I will probably cram as much into each post as possible. I'm going to have to figure out how to paraphrase (which will probably be a challenge for me b/c I love to ramble)! Hence...the titles of my blogs will more than likely not make any sense...hopefully as you read...it will come together! But, seriously back to the multitasker comment...I find that I'm not just folding clothes...I'm folding clothes, eating an apple, running to the store & talking on the phone. And I'm not just washing bottles...I'm washing bottles, changing a diaper, walking the dog & taking a nap. Ok, I don't have a dog, but there are major multitasking skills that are passed onto new parents that I can't even begin to explain! Haha, what a crazy riot! Mike & I have so much fun watching our Oliver grow & cry & make faces & poop. We love it so much!!!

Tried to catch some shots after Oliver's belly button fell out after his first week old...but he's a squirmy little worm so most of my shots are blurry...


Guess who dressed him on Thanksgiving Day =)


My hair matches Daddy's beard!


Little Turkey.

Oliver & Aunt Em.

He slept most of Thanksgiving away...not turkey-induced just yet though!


Cousin Wyatt.

Aunt Liz loving her Olly.




After TG, we went back to Holstein for the weekend.


Oliver had a lot of visitors too!

Meghann, Lilly & Luke Whitmer stopped by.



Great Aunt Connie & Cousin Donna.


Ambria & Oliver.



Oliver being a sleepy host when Amy & her daughter came by.


Waking up to hang out with Granny Hanny for a while!

After the weekend, we headed back to Sioux Falls to visit with Mike's fam one more day before they flew out to Jamaica. They get to enjoy a week of vacation, sun & cocktails...all leading up to Emily & Cory's wedding this Saturday. We are sad that we had to stay back, but we will celebrate with them when they get back! Congrats you two!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG Leyna, do you have a Ginger?!? The one with him with Mike looks like you may! May God have mercy on you ;) Red-head or not, he's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad I didn't get to meet Baby Oliver when I was home.. I am hoping our paths will cross over xmas. And I am loving the reddish brown hair.. too cute!

    ReplyDelete