12.30.2009

Rocky Mountain Hi.

This morning, as Oliver had his morning milks & I had my first coffee, we watched GMA, discussed life, politics, the preceeding golden shower given to Mom & the weather. Overall, a nice little morning with some quality bonding time. Mornings are usually spent with Daddy, as Mom sleeps in a little ;) but... Daddy left for Colorado yesterday! It's sad that he's sooooo far away, but we're thinking about how much fun it'll be after he finds a place & we move out there too! I just have to keep repeating to myself...it's not forever, it's not forever & soon he'll be back for us. Anyway, I've come to realize that our little baby is a morning guy! An obvious personality trait from his Dad...as I cringe at mornings! (And don't judge me...as you all are going to bed by 8:30pM because you were up since 4aM...I'm just coming alive). My point is...Oliver loves the mornings & was just a smiling away...happy loving baby! And as you can see, I tried to capture his smiles, but by the time I grabbed my camera & settled back in, he was over it & didn't have too many more to give up! Either way, it made my day & his Daddy's too as we are swapping photos of our day.












Later on...napping with my sock monkey =)






And I also wanted to add a couple more photos from Christmas.
We finally made it to Sioux Falls after the Christmas storm!







Making Christmas cookies at my parent's.


A new family tradition!
(I had some video footage of Michael frosting, but I promised I wouldn't post it ;)

3 comments:

  1. i love love love the sock monkey photos:) ive been so unmotivated to blog, i need to update that sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sock monkey photos are too adorable. Frame those. Did you get a new camera for Christmas? It has to be a Canon? See that? I know these things, Leyna. I do. Like a jedi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new pic at the top of the blog! and i'ev thought for some time and hve to say... mike's use of facial hair to completely change himself is unparallelled in any man i've ever seen. clean shaven and sharp glasses - ?poet? ?banker? ... full beard and big frames - ?lumberjack? ?fireman? ... and i guess poet goes with all of them. ha.

    happy new year! look fwd to meetin' O this weekend!

    ReplyDelete