12.04.2009

My Little Mini.


What is it about babies that cause you to change all of your vocab into 'baby talk'? They still don't understand it...& I'm pretty sure I sound like an idiot! I sometimes wonder if he's just thinking to himself...'wow! this lady is a piece of work!' Haha! Oh well, I guess that's just what happens, my cutie lil bobble head mini muffin pie punkin butt likes it as far as I'm concerned!
See! Lil punkin butt! =)
(He's gonna kill me when he's able to read this blog...guess it's never too early to start saying & doing things that will embarrass your child.)

I want to start & introduce a section of the blog where I simply list how he has grown from last update. It'll be appropriately titled:

Oliver Grows.

Spontaneous smiles & frowns...but more smiles!
Enjoys some tummy time!
Filling out in the cheeks, arms & legs!
Strengthening neck muscles...I dub him my "bobble head baby"!
Staying alert for longer than just feedings!
Bouts of...(not gonna go overboard here...but want to make a note that he has shown a capability to the following)...sleeping longer than an hour & a half at a time...like 3 hours! And it has made a handful of our nights better!
Getting used to diaper changes...sometimes ;)
Pees on Mama only once every 2-3 days instead of 2-3 times each changing!
Shows a liking to soaking in warm bath water!
Longer gazes at our faces!
Louder, stronger "voice" aka a distinct crying I call "The Lahs"...
...those of you who are parents probably know what I'm talking about...the cries that make you feel like you're the worst parent in the world & you've let your child go & starve for 5 days! There are variations, sometimes they're "The Wahs", but typically my child prefers to throw the L on the front. Whenever I hear those coming I have to plea "please not 'The Lahs' they make mama sad!"
Will take the Paci like no big deal from Michael, but spits that thing out a mile across the way when given by me! Maybe cuz he knows that I've got something better he wants instead?!
Prefers to be burped by his father also (in my opinion, not officially voiced by Oliver). Maybe my method just doesn't do it for him...but I'm pretty sure I'm doing it the same way...this is what I refer to as "Daddy's Touch". Awwww.
More to come!!!

2 comments:

  1. i think i'm a better burper, too, but don't tell sarah.

    3 posts in like 2 days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are capturing great moments and great pictures - you are a dedicated blogger Mommy - now you need to pick up scrapbooking, if you haven't already! It is just amazing that you have been able to notice so many changes in 3 weeks! He is so cute and I am glad things are going so well! I am very anxious to be sharing in the same moments!

    ReplyDelete