12.11.2009

A Little TLC.

Today I found myself watching shows on The Learning Channel (TLC) and randomly surfing the web while my 'Night Owl' slept the morning away. I stumbled across 'A Baby Story'. Now, this was completely off limits for me to watch before I was ever pregnant...because why?!...it frankly scared the bejezus outta me!!! Those of you unfamiliar, it follows a couple through labor/delivery of their child. It shows, although not graphic, every part of the labor...screaming...painful...uncomfortable...legs spread delivery. Ahh! With ladies explaining "labor pains as being hit by a Mack truck"...who would embrace that sort of chaos?! Well, today was a different story & I had confidence in watching the show...I mean, c'mon, I've travelled down this road already, what sort of a problem would it foster? It brought on some really great memories actually...of course, by the time the baby was delivered, I'm a dang blubbering mess of tears & shaking emotions. I'm sometimes a bigger baby than the one sleeping soundly next to me. My point...having a baby is such an amazing emotional experience! And I'm so blessed to have been able to have that experience...because if it were up to TLC to guide my urge to go down that road, nature may have never had the opportunity to show me how much of a grandiose emotional time it really it is! And, I no longer fear A Baby Story, I embrace it...


...because it brings on moments like this.
Haha...too cute!

...and by the way, there is definately truth to 'the Mack truck' reference. As much as I didn't want that to be true...there's a truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment