12.05.2009

Handsome Lazy Weekend Christmas Lights.

This weekend was a relaxing one! We spent it in Sioux Falls, mostly indoors, warming our bums by the fire as the ground was sprinkled with snow. Of course mama spent it taking tons more photos of Oliver! He is a handsome one...who can resist!

"Handsome good looks run in my family"












Look at his lil fist going...I think someone was getting sick of me snapping shots =)


You may have seen this on YouTube or in your emails around the holidays before, but Mike, Oliver & I parked in front of this house this weekend! On Saturday night, we took a break from being lazy & packed up the car, filled the mugs with coffee & headed just north of Sioux Falls (Crooks, SD) to check out a lights display that has earned much popularity in the area...even on the internet. After about an hour wait in the car, it was our turn for a front row view! It was so entertaining, Mike & I were giggling & smiling like little children! Haha. The actual child on the other hand, not so much impressed...I think we heard crickets & snoring from the backseat. Someday we'll have to go back when he can appreciate the show =) I do have video on my camera that I have been trying to post since Saturday night, but for some reason, it will not upload onto blogger. I will keep trying & hopefully I'll be able to share with you what we watched. I would like to go back again sometime this season though...I totally buckled under the pressure of making sure I got it on video too! Holy load of drama...it went down like this...After waiting an entire hour in line, making sure my settings on my camera were good to go, the three cars in front of us moved out of the way...we pulled up, threw it in park, blared the radio station (coordinating music), rolled down the window, jacked up the heat...(keep in mind you can only stay parked in front of the house for 1 song so, it was pertinant to be on top of our stuff)... then the music began...yay...awwww...& then I dropped the ball...not literally this time, but after half the song, my camera went dead (running on low batt due to all the photographing earlier in the day)...oh snap! I quickly turned it back on & hit record hoping that all of our waiting & planning wasn't going to go to waste. Well, it didn't completely, & I managed to get the last half of the song but...like I mentioned...blogger won't upload for me! Frustration has set in...so, until I get it figured out...you can click on the link below & watch the HD video on YouTube if you're so enticed...unfortunately, it doesn't quite do the justice of being parked in front of this dude's house. Amazing stuff! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAPFte1SEzg

The rest of our weekend was spent with more fireside laziness (it's freeeeeeezing in South Dakota!), scooping some snow (Michael), drinking milk (Oliver) & visiting with friends Jill, Kent & their son Andrew. We packed up shop on Sunday & spent the evening sharing conversation & our Oliver. It was a nice low key weekend...which we thoroughly enjoyed considering Christmas traveling, visiting family, friends & more chaos is approaching quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment