9.18.2009

9 Months Turned Into 9 Weeks.

I got my 'mom haircut' today...haha...just kidding...I don't even know what that means, that was just my request when I walked into the salon today for some long due maintenance! Given my friend Hillary has been my hairlady since she was going to beauty school, she told me to shut up & sit down. I used to be a brave volunteer "model" when she needed to practice different elements during her training at beauty school so we go way back w/ the hair issue...and I've always come out with both ears in tact & my hair hasn't fallen out...I figure that's my kids job! She gave me a more "mature" look today, but just for the record, she first called it an "older" look...yeah I know what you mean! My mom told me that I'd better get one more appointment scheduled before 9 weeks is here or else I may miss the boat to have this luxury. Great advice.

We visited our doctor again this week. And I don't mean to bore you readers with uneventful news about my visits, it's really my way of documenting my appointments b/c if I don't write it down somewhere, this knowledge will be long gone from my memory bank. I can't even remember what I ate yesterday for lunch...oh wait...3 hot dogs...don't judge me! Even so, we are still looking healthy...thumbs up. Michael joined us this checkup to meet the Doctor who will be delivering our bundle of joyful stuff. I guess you would say this is my "birth plan" I keep reading about having. Yep, have my Doctor deliver my baby. I am pretty flexible as far as that stuff goes b/c when it comes down to it, it's unpredictable anyway. Aside from just being educated about all my wonderful labor options...I will go with the flow as long as our health is not being compromised. So, my birth plan pretty much states, allow the doctor to deliver our baby. Except Mike, like I mentioned before is convinced he's going to be multitasking as driver & "doctor". Whatever, it will be fine.

So, anyway, my nine months is closing in & I'm trying to make the most of these last nine-ish weeks. Aside from getting winded walking back & forth between rooms...I'm trying to make the most of quiet time, sleep time & bathing time. All of which I'm anticipating on becoming slim to non-existent in the near future. I even practice not showering all day until 5-6 o'clock at night...Mike really enjoys that one...hahaha!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, you are almost there! I think that the best birth experiences come with the Mommy's who have the laid back approach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made me feel better about being winded from taking a laundry basket downstairs and coming right back up. I had to catch my breath before I could read Addison a book...how sad is that!? :)

    ReplyDelete