9.04.2009

Hatched & The Mad Housewife.

"The prospect of nine months without drinking, smoking, coffee, Zoloft, or sushi had scared the bejesus out of Mavis. But pregnancy was turning out to be heaven."

So excited my great friend Libba is back visiting! We usually go at least a year if not more sometimes w/out seeing each other =( so it's always necessary to get together!!! I adore her photographic talents & I admire that she rarely puts her camera down...very inspiring! (By the way, I must give props to her for contributing (ok I copied & pasted) a 'belly shot' photo I posted under the "Mommy" section). She resides in Birmingham. AL w/ her fiance, Dirk, & two Goldens. With the announcement of her engagement & wedding date, I anticipate a trip down south...I mean c'mon by that point in my life I am going to be ready for a little trip...right?!

We have a mutual love for wine & since I'm on the wagon...or is it off the wagon?...either way I've been sober for 5 months & counting...but who's counting, I decided to offer a gift of wine that was in compliance with the fact that she's going to be a married lady in a year. In most of my new wine adventures, I shop by label, & conveniently found a bottle named 'Mad Housewife'. Hopefully it's as enjoyable to sip on as it is humorous! And in return, she gifted me the cutest book by author Sloane Tanen called Hatched. Definately a thumbs up for mothers & moms-to-be if you're into finding humor in this thing called pregnancy! Plus, how can you go wrong when the book is illustrated by fuzzy chickens?! I shared my favorite excerpt above (loading up on the sweets...I can't relate to that at all haha...bad pregnant girl!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Goodnight moon, Hello Martini. Can't wait to spend some more time with you this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog background and all of the features! It looks really nice! Isn't it a blast being on/off the wagon? That's great that you found Mad Housewife for Libba - they have too many cool names for wines these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Book Ever.. I want to buy it and I am not even prego..

    ReplyDelete