5.08.2010

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf...


...ummmmm I AM!!!  So we ventured over the river & through the woods today in search of a ghost town named Ashcroft.  Yes!  I was really excited about it!  The whole drive there we were on the lookout for elk or bear...
As we were pulling into Ashcroft, I spotted a moving object...that turned out to be A WOLF!  Exciting from the car, except our plan was to get out & walk around get some freaky funny photos & then get out...& now we had a wolf spotting.  Well, of course Mike wasn't going to let us quit our adventure...

We still walked through, except now I was so freaked out that I was being watched & hunted by a hungry big bad wolf with red glowing eyes!  A bit extreme of a reaction, I know, but when it comes down to it, I want to see my wildlife from the comfort of a shelter or my vehicle...I'm no Croc Hunter!  Mike led the way & I kept watch behind us...as if I was going to protect us by snapping a few cute shots of him.  And instead of going through the old dilapidated buildings as I wanted to prior to the wolf siting, I stayed on the path keeping close watch for moving shadows inside...or glowing eyes.  Because now my mind was not only thinking of wolves...I considered that if a wolfpack could inhabit the ghost town, the three bears could just as easily inhabit as well.  The experience was a bit nerveracking for me if you couldn't tell!




Making our move...



It was locked...shoot!


But they did have a great pile of broken glass & rusted metal sitting outside...very kid-friendly.



Took this one for my Dad...it's the Post Office.



The Hotel.





Ghost Shoe.


We never again spotted our wolf & we obviously made it out ok, as I'm alive to blog about our adventure.
Maybe it was a ghost wolf =)

2 comments:

  1. You seriously did not get that first shot of the wolf. Did you?! Wow. And love the photo of Mike! It looks like it should say WANTED under it! Ha! Love your adventure pictures.... can't wait to come see them for myself sometime... next summer, the Clark clan may just be invading your territory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, fortunately, I did not get that close to the wolf! I was too busy trying to point it out to Mike to get a shot of it before it disappeared into mysteria! =)

    ReplyDelete