6.21.2009

Hey Daddy-O.

So I'm a little late w/ my Father's Day posting but here goes...

I'm pretty sure that Michael is thoroughly enjoying his new title of a Father...a very expectant Father that is! And we couldn't have gotten the news of "it's a boy" on a more convenient weekend...Father's Day. Mike is pretty jacked up about his little boy that's on the way. (And he's watching his sisters closely, getting pointers, and asking them tons of questions.) Our little guy will have Kye & Wyatt (both will be close to a year when he's born) & a little miss Ava (2 yrs) to play with! We keep talking about how much fun it's going to be when our boys get a little older & start running around...oh the trouble they'll get into!!! =) But I don't doubt that Ava will be bossing those little guys around haha!

Last weekend we visited my family in Holstein. We had a nice dinner Friday & some quality bonding time amongst mother's irresistable margaritas...that I had to watch everyone else enjoy =) I'm so grateful to spend time w/ my father... he's had an amazing recovery from his stroke last December!
We also made a trip up to Sioux Falls to visit Mike's fam. We were anticipating a day at the Wild Water West waterpark up there, but a rainy Father's Day prohibited those plans. It was a bit disappointing b/c I was looking forward to a couple of relaxing hours floating on a tube on the lazy river, but a little relieved I dodged the 'having to put on a swimsuit' bullet! After a majority of the day filled with rain, it finally cleared up & we got to spend a little time outdoors.

Michael & Jolin playing Bags.







Kye bouncing around outside.

Us at 19 weeks.

Ok...let me explain this one... I'm not one to post belly pics, but Liz, Mike's sister, insisted on taking this! =) Haha!

6 comments:

  1. That is such a cute picture at the end - not sure who wins - don't tell Mike - but if I can tell from the pic, he is popping his tummy out a little more than normal! :) And Leyna, you had to be standing on something!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I am standing on something =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is funny and adorable!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll see adorable when Mike finds out I posted this haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belly pictures are great!! You guys look cute!! Looking back at belly pictures from 2 1/2 years ago makes me say "Damn I was big!!" but you should do it. It's totally worth it in a year to look back and think WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I insist upon you taking belly pictures at least once a week. That last picture needs to be put in a box!

    ReplyDelete