6.28.2009

Pocket Full of Change.

This is going to end up being a very random entry b/c I have no real focus, but felt the need to post something. It just seems like such a waste when, as Michael will atest too, I have a million little thoughts zinging through my head.

Now that I'm going to be a mother, I think it's only natural that you start having hopes & dreams for your child. But in random wonderings of what our little guy will look like & what his traits will be, Mike & I have come to the conclusion that there are some definite hopes that we have, so let me enlighten you on one. For starters...I am hoping that baby has my rhythm & coordination. Have you ever seen Michael shake it out on the dance floor or in random outbursts of seizure-like movements when say 'The Outfield' Your Love comes on the radio? If not, I'll try to someday capture some video footage to share. I, for one, do find it to be great entertainment (don't get me wrong Mike when you read this) & I have full appreciation for his zest of movement! But seriously, it would be a relief to know that our guy could coordinate his way through his first middle school dance & not scare the ladies. And upon discussing this w/ Michael, he responded w/ ...'and he's going to have my dashing good looks'. Fair enough.

I stole the title of this entry from song lyrics by a friend, singer/songwriter Damon Dotson. Thought it fitting w/ all the change that's happening in my life right now. As you may or may not have known, Mike & I are seeking jobs & residency in Sioux Falls, SD as soon as possible. This is where his parents & sisters (& fam) have all moved since Holstein & the location remains only a couple hours from my family there. More recently, I have decided to move back to Holstein for the time being. Here, I'll be able to job search & prepare for baby. I am hoping, for the sake of sanity =) that we're able to land jobs & a place to live w/ in a couple of months. I hate to place deadlines, but this is one that I'm going to be pretty persistent w/. Spectacular plans, I know, given the current job market, but we feel this will be a great place to start w/ baby. Because you never know what the future may bring & I'm crossing my fingers for a smooth transition.
And maybe to finally mention why I added the photo I did at the beginning...I really don't know...I said this was going to be a random entry =) I can tell you that during this photo Mike was napping, obviously, & I was messing w/ the settings on my camera.

1 comment:

  1. I think your plan sounds perfect. It's so good to be around family and have that support system there for you, and having Liz and Emily nearby will be such a relief!

    On another note: it looks like I will be home and at attendance at my 10-year reunion over Labor Day, hopefully we'll get together!

    ReplyDelete