7.17.2009

Thoughts While 'Trippin.

Baby & I roadtripped this morning for our last monthly checkup w/ our doctor in Ames. We'll now be transferring as we make our transition to transition to Sioux Falls. We are still residing in Holstein, so we're gonna find a doctor more locally & then once & for all, find a doctor in SF. Since both of Michael's sisters have already gone through the experience there, we have a great recommendation...just have to get up there first =) I kind of forgot what 6:00 am feels like lately, so it was a bit of a shocker when I was on the road by 7 o'clock this morning. Thinking I might need a little assistance w/ the drive, I decided to grab some half decaf/half regular coffee...thinking 'what is this going to hurt?', it wasn't much...& so we took off. Side note - I was a 'coffee everyday kinda girl' before pregnancy & eliminated that out of my daily diet upon my news. So, needless to say, the small amount that I consumed while driving didn't sit well & those all too familiar feelings of nauseousness hit me about 10 minutes before my appointment! Sweet. Guess I will think twice about consuming anymore in the future!

I have been on the road quite a bit lately between Ames, Holstein & Sioux Falls in my search for jobs and moving & I've fully taken advantage of singing to Baby on each trek! I switched the satelite radio to some hip/hop club beats to get our trip rollin'. My second attempt to make the early morning drive seem less annoying! We started it off w/ a little Rihanna Disturbia & I immediately got the vision of the video (PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK TO FIND OUT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMdWqaN_Tms). This is an homage to my cousin Donna, b/c it's one of our favorite YouTube videos to watch. And all I have to say, is I'm so glad that I did not have access to webcams and the internet like this little girl b/c this was the kind of stuff I would do all the time!

As we continued down the road, we also enjoyed some Snoop Dogg/Dr. Dre tracks & then I gave Baby a taste of "Daddy's music" aka the Bluegrass station. I wanted to give him a well-rounded experience & show off my musical talents as well...hey, it made the trip go faster =)

The monthly visit went good. It's still always so exciting to listen to Baby's heartbeat! I'm gaining some more lbs. & my blood pressure is surprisingly still normal, considering the amount of change & adjusting that's going on right now...kudos to me I guess! I'm measuring slightly larger than what I should be in comparison to my due date, which could mean nothing or it could mean that this little guy is a little further along than we think...time will tell I suppose. This was the first regular visit that we didn't have anything special to talk to the doctor about or see pictures, so Daddy didn't accompany us today. It was, however, a little strange to not have him in the waiting room next to me trying to guess how pregnant each woman was that walked through the room or to joke about 'playing doctor' as we're waiting for the real doctor to come into the exam room (once again this is Michael's mind...please note that only joking took place in the past - haha). I did give him a call to report on the appointment afterwards & let him know his little man is doing good! He gets so excited now that I've started to feel movement. He rested his head on my stomach to listen & feel movement the other day...waited & listened...he ended up falling asleep there & sure enough, Baby got to moving & started giving his ole Daddy a couple of little knocks to his head. Haha, it was funny to me, but Mike had no idea as he slept away. I know both of them can't wait to play w/ each other!

After the appointment, we continued our journey & headed back to Holstein. I now have my bike w/ me, so I'm going to try & see if I can still incorporate some exercise w/out causing anymore damage to my back, but I may just have to issue some more self-prescribed bedrest again if that doesn't work ;)

4 comments:

  1. One more doctor visit down means a step closer to due date! I love that feeling! Where are you going to doctor around here while you are in Holstein? You are doing well being a first time pregnant mama - your posts make me laugh because it is all so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the process of finding a doctor...I have a recommendation up in S.City, but have debated trying to find one closer (Cherokee) since the plan is to get to Sioux Falls before delivery time =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it wrong that I self-prescribe bedrest and I'm NOT pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite is "good night" from the white album.

    ReplyDelete