10.04.2009

I Need A Massage, A Wax & Some Slippers!

I'm sorry...but this is what my life needs right now...I can't see around, over or under this baby belly & I can't soothe my back enough these days! This 'Doctor appointment every 2 weeks' thing is starting to speed things up into crazy fast mode! We went again this last Friday for a checkup & things are moving along as planned still, so thumbs up. I am, however, measuring 34 weeks. And if you reference my bottle ticker up there, I'm 33 weeks towards my due date, so 7 weeks away in my mind translates into 2 weeks, which is like only a couple of days...so things are gonna start crack-a-lackin here real soon! I have an approximate 5 lb Baby inside my belly according to my Doc & he's in good position aka head down feet up! Good lil man...he's so smart =)

Michael & I had the privelege of attending a Childbirth Prep Class this weekend also. We opted for the 'express' version of this little treat instead of the extended monthly classes, which I'm (& I know Mike is) thankful for doing. This riveting 6 hour excursion was semi-informative I suppose. I spent most of our time sitting through lecture having an anxiety attack, almost to tears on several occasions & Michael made jokes mostly. But...I know he did absorb a lot, even repeating information later that night & next day =) We toured the hospital where I'll be delivering & that was very encouraging...yet still extended more anxiety-inducing thoughts at the same time. I kept picturing myself up on that delivery table, throwing ice chips across the room like a maniac, screaming profanities...etc...& then I'd snap out of my daydream & give Michael a sweet innocent smile =) This is going to be fun! We ended our educational experience with videos...yes conveniently they saved the best for last! We settled into our seats to await the big show...& it was at this point where Mike got a little squirmy, asking if we could just leave...this was the only thing that has made him freak a little (haha), ok maybe more than a little. But, I reassured him he needed to watch this, while secretly, I was questioning if I was going to be able to keep lunch down! I'm not gonna lie, I walked outta there feeling rather uneasy. I am not planning on watching my own delivery & wasn't impressed on having to watch several ladies from the early 90s deliver theirs. I suppose the early 90s setting did add some humor to all of this...I sometimes focused more on mom & dad's matching mullets than the action 'down below'...but I thought, whatever works to get me through this! All in all, Daddy & I survived & I'm proudly displaying our 'certificate' of completion in Baby Schweitz's baby book.

Speaking of...my mother gave me great little baby book to get started on before I forget all my memories of being pregnant. Of course, I've already completed all the pages I can for the time being, as the rest of them do require our little turkey to be born before I record such memories.

So, I am going to have to come up with new hobbies to keep me occupied throughout my days for the time-being. Michael has taken a job in Sioux Falls & starts Monday (tomorrow)! He's very excited about going back to work! And those of you who just laughed at that last statement...this is a good thing...work is a great thing right now =) And until we find a place to live there, he'll be in Sioux Falls & I'll remain in Holstein. Which has led us to start talking "game plan"...because remember I mentioned the 7 weeks left...once again, if I think in shorter terms (2 weeks) it may speed up this process - hopefully! Of course, it's not ideal for us to be apart right now, but he has got a good job opp & up until this last week, we were planning on settling in Holstein. Our plans seemed to change weekly, so this is a good thing although somewhat sucky since we're both bummed about being 2 hours away from each other. And a good thing because now we have a focal point & a goal to get a place to live asap! Then mama can go into super-psycho get the baby room ready mode! Yay!

Well, that's the update, hopefully more news to come soon!

5 comments:

  1. i hope you have baby in sioux falls so i can come and see him right away... =) seriously i will be there waiting by the door...with my ear up to the door... for you to tell me i can come in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Mike Congrats on the job that is exciting! The time is going to fly...hang in there, you are almost to the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great news - good work, mike!

    you'll be there soon, leyna. and, for what it's worth, i didn't watch the video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 90's couples - I am sure that WAS interesting! You are getting so close - hang in there! The last month is full of anxiety and excitement! Your litle guy will be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Leyna! Just keep blogging those days away :) I want to know about the women who volunteer themselves to be videotaped during their delivery. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete