10.19.2009

Jogging in 6 Months.

Michael & I tackled our first 'Assembly Required' project this weekend...successfully tackled, I should clarify. Now, "Putting the Crib Together Day" might be another story, but we are looking forward to the challenge! We, like most new parents, went into it like most do I'm assuming...fully caffeinated (not me, him), popping M&Ms (again, not me, him), consumed by excitement, making no effort to check for all parts or bothering to read directions, just pulling things outta the box like maniacs & attaching them where we thought most appropriate! Fun!!! I must note, he did most of the assembly while I sat back & "read" the directions to him...& when I say "read" I mean I stared at the words blankly, quickly losing focus only to check out the rainshield instead. Side note: those things creep me out, like you're putting your child in a plastic bag, ewww I don't like it. Mike had to point out the holes they provide to allow airflow...whatever, still freak me out. He also added that the rainshield is for when you're in cities...because it rains in cities...haha, apparently it doesn't rain in rural areas. He made me laugh. But, turns out we're the smartest people ever & the above photo illustrates our successfully put together end product! We love it! Michael, our bicycle enthusiast, immediately started sizing it up, letting me know where upgrades could be made ;) I, on the other hand, looked at the finished project & pictured my postpartum workout routine staring me in the face! Bummer, ugh! I'm thinking that the regime will need to be implemented far before 6 months, but at that point, little Baby Schweitz has a pretty cool chariot awaiting...with all of Dad's suped-up modifications ;) Happy Jogging!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on the jogger. But let me know how it goes the first time you try to set your pack-n-play up. Really. Let me know.

    ...not long now, cute momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...ok...the Pack & Play...it did take a bit of manhandling & my mom to step in so I didn't fall face first into the thing. It has been succesfully put up once, not tested, but it looked stable ;) After a few more trials, I'll hopefully get it down!

    The jogger is by Joovy. This was the choice after a week-long search, putting in probably close to 40 hours & actually to be finalized by Mike b/c he was so sick of me stressing out about a stroller. It, at the time, was the hardest decision for me to make...that week.

    ReplyDelete