6.20.2010

The Day of the Dad.

Saturday we headed to Glenwood Springs, as I had mentioned before, for Strawberry Days.  Friends Paul & Sonya joined us & we loaded up the family ride & checked out what all the hype was.  We started off in a large park full of vendors, food & a margarita tent =)  By this time of the day it was hotter than hot & Oliver was sleeping...thank goodness!  We strapped him in his stroller & he just basked in the heat, sunscreen & dreamt of corndogs & various meats on a stick...oh wait...that was a reality.  After we spent more than ample time at the bonsai tree stand, checking out plenty of local artists' paintings & photography & scouring the homemade dips stand, we were ready to move on!  To the carnival!!!  And as we parked & were gathering all of our gear...I realized I had forgotten the sd card for my camera in the computer from last post!  UGHHH!  So all these photos were taken on my phone, I guess good thing for modern technology, it wasn't an entire bust.  


Oliver had his first carousel ride.  He was neither crying, upset, smiling nor laughing...pretty expression-less...but I blame that on the heat & some tiredness.






Baby Daddy Time on Father's Day.








Oliver is obsessed lately with making his fart noises...& did it all the way home from Glenwood the other day...20ish minutes...he ends up drenched in slobber but happy as heck!






And I didn't say anything about having to watch NASCAR either...well outloud at least ;)








So for Daddy's first Father's Day, I decided to get creative...I figured there are plenty more years to give Daddy neckties & various grilling accessories...& I booked a photo session with friend & photographer Christina Kjar back in Holstein when we're there this August.  (Remember I posted on her studio opening in Holstein last winter???).  Anyway, the point was to be more Baby-Daddy focused.  Although I am constantly snapping my own, we never had professional photos done...& now that I have misplaced (I refuse to say lost) the first sd card with like 1000 newborn Oliver photos on it, I am really kicking myself.  We'll get some family shots in, but I wanted to let the boys have some father-son bonding time.  I figured a cool framed photo of Michael's favorite would be a final touch to the sentiment.  I think he's looking forward to it...& Oliver has already started to practice his posing...

 



Later on we joined Paul & Sonya at their house.  Oliver just adores Sonya!


And Mike & Paul adore horseshoes!




Overall, the boys had a great day =)
Happy Father's Day Mikey!  We love you.

2 comments:

  1. OMG Michael! I see you are making good use of the toys! :) That IS a toy, right?!
    What a cutie patootie little Mr. Oliver is!
    PS- I saw a boat on our vacation with your blog name on it (almost spelled the same if I remember correctly, which I don't do often)! As soon as I go through the 900+ photos, I will see if I have it and send it your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i saw that too! mike would put olivers toys in his pants!!! haha

    ReplyDelete