6.06.2010

What The Elk Was That...This Shiz is Bananas

Yet another wildlife post...this time...peaceful & from the car. We took an evening drive at dusk...my favorite time of the day. We took a familiar route, only this time we remembered the binoculars. With a spectacular sunset behind us (no photos of that), I finally was able to spot my first elk! Well...Mike spotted it & then coached me with the binocs, locating where he was. And there he stood...I am so fascinated with them I don't know!?

Ok, that photo was a fake out...I did not photograph him, but I needed to show you some sort of image of what I saw...I had forgotten my camera =( I will, however, remember in the future! The gorgeous sunsets are definately worth snapping here as well!

Our weekend was full of beautiful warm weather!  Basalt was having a little festival on Saturday, so we headed downtown to check it out. A bit disappointed, because I was hoping to see a carnival (one of my goals to attend one this summer). The festival was ok-ish...I think it was just a small celebration for...well...we never found out what it was for, but there was free food from one of my favorite resturants here, Smoke, so I didn't really care what it was regarding. The sun was so hot & I once again forgot my camera! I'm slacking, I know. There wasn't much except a lot of people eating food, a firetruck, some guy playing guitar & singing & many dogs & kids. This photo was snapped on my phone...


Oliver started bananas yesterday. Ummm...not as enthusiastic of a reaction as the veggies. They add citric acid to them...I believe so they don't spoil (??? correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just guessing), & they completely throw off the experience of eating bananas, I think. They smell funked, but Oliver doesn't know the difference yet, it's just a new flav to him. He started off ok with them & then the more he ate them, his sour facial expression & head shaking became more & more extreme!
(Nevermind the whistling noise at the end...it's just Mikey trying to get Oliver's attention).


And some other random eating food photos. 


"Ok, so I think I can just do this by myself now"


And more naked jumping time =)

1 comment:

  1. oliver is getting so big, I swear he is 16 already!

    ReplyDelete