6.15.2010

On The Yoga Road Again.

It has been approximately a year & 2 months since this 28-year old body has practiced yoga.  I was still instructing Pilates with a little Yoga mixed in when I found out I was pregnant in March 09...I planned on instructing throughout my pregnancy...I knew the benefits of doing so, but my nauseousness was too intense for me to engage in anything of the sort.  It made me sad & I ended up quitting both of my classes way before I wanted to take leave...but I knew I wouldn't be able to teach an hour class feeling like at any moment I could vomit!  That is not therapeutic for anyone to see (I don't think).  At that point in about April-ish I stopped practicing Yoga/Pilates & it is NOW that I NEED to begin again.  I have found it hard to use my free time when Oliver naps to take the time for it...always something "more important" to do...but I vowed today, I WILL use his morning naptime to Yoga myself.  I am so excited because my body was so different when I was practicing 3-5 times a week & I can't wait to feel like that again...but I will have to take it slow...real slow...my aging & underflexed body is going to have to ease back into it.  But it was refreshing none-the-less...at my 10 minute premier!

We've had a lot of  'Are you kidding me with this?!?!' moments lately...
Not an uncommon expression in our household...& mostly it is a direct result of living with two boys!  (Yes I meant to say boys)  =)  So, here's one...


He officially is up & rocking & rolling on his knees.  He hasn't moved forward but will work it backwards still...typically getting his feet lodged (so he thinks) underneath the couch, which results in him screaming to be let free.  I love it...but it's nutty!

No comments:

Post a Comment